- NASA's Mars fact sheet
- Nine Planets Mars page
- MarsNews.com - News and info site
- Introduction to Martian topography, with Hubble Space Telescope photos
- FU Berlin: HRSC (camera) experiment at Mars Express (eng. & ger.; press releases and high resolution images)
- Technical Notes about Time on Mars
- On Mars: Exploration of the Red Planet 1958-1978 from the NASA History Office.
- The Mars Society flag
- A Trip Into Space Photos and descriptions of Mars
- Martian Law - a CATO white paper
- Mars Unearthed - Comparisons of terrains between Earth and Mars
- 3D VRML Mars globe
- Highly visible ice lake found on Mars - BBC
- Dr. Tony Phillips: "Making a Splash on Mars", Science@NASA article, June 29, 2000. Phillips describes the Martian "gullies" and explains the conditions under which liquid water can exist on the surface of Mars.
- BBC News story on subsurface ice deposits on Mars
- BBC News update on Mars Express' findings of polar water ice and water-eroded features on the surface
- Mars Rover Scientists Wring Water Story from Rocks This image taken by Mars Rover Opportunity shows microscopic rock forms indicating past signs of water. Courtesy: NASA
- BBC News Mars pictures reveal frozen sea
- The Political Economy of Very Large Space Projects (Journal Of Evolution and Technology)
- exploreMarsnow Interactive Mars base simulation. Winner of 2003 Webby Award for Science.
- NASA Mars Exploration Rover Home Page
- Be on Mars Anaglyphs from the Mars Rovers (3D)
- William Sheehan, The Planet Mars: A History of Observation and Discovery, The University of Arizona Press, Tucson, 1996
- Vladimir A. Krasnopolsky, Jean-Pierre Maillard, Tobias C. Owen, "Detection of Methane in the Martian Atmosphere: Evidence for Life"